How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in becoming a student at Christ the King Prep, "The School that Works" in Newark!
We are now accepting applications for students who will be entering the 9th grade in September 2017.
Please note: all applicants must be 14 years old by October 4, 2017.
For families of prospective students: click here to complete the on line admissions application.
To begin the application process:
1. Please submit your admissions application online.
2. Ask your current English or Math teacher to complete the Teacher Recommendation form. Ask your Principal or Guidance Counselor to complete the Character Reference form. Their recommendations should be sent directly to the Admissions Office at Christ the King Prep, at the address below.
3. Please note, you will also need to submit the following documents:
Two copies of Your Birth Certificate
One Wallet Size Picture of the Applicant
4. Download and complete the Records and References Release Form and give it to the Principal or Guidance Counselor at your current school. We require:
A copy of your most recent report card (FINAL 8th grade report cards must be submitted in June.)
A copy of your 6th and 7th grade transcripts – previous 3 years for transfers
A copy of your 6th and 7th grade standardized test scores – previous 3 years for transfers
A copy of your IEP, if applicable
5. Please contact the Admissions Office at 973.483.0033 x320 or email@example.com to attend one of our financial aid workshops.
Because CtK has a mission to serve only low and moderate-income families, the FACTS form is a required part of the admissions process regardless of whether or not a family is applying for financial assistance.
All Student Aid forms should be submitted online.
6. Once you have submitted the above materials, the Admissions Office will call, email and mail you your student interview appointment.
7. Online application must be submitted by December 2, 2017
During the winter and spring, decisions are made on a 'rolling' basis. Prospective students are generally notified approximately two weeks after all of the above steps have been completed.